Thursday, April 3, 2014

Courage, Confidance & Character

As I finish up another year of Girl Scout Cookie Sales, I often wonder what it takes to be an awesome leader, parent and role model. As a mother of three wonderful kids, I try everyday to instill in them a good moral compass, compassion and thankfulness.

We love to play together, make silly faces, and just have fun! Trust me when I say I am not an easy parent. My kids know responsibility, work and rewards (Mostly from my awesome husband since I am the softy in the house). I like to think that I lead by example. I might not be in church every Sunday, but my heart is!

As a Girl Scout Leader I am blessed to see the good and sometimes bad in people. I have amazing co-leaders in my Girl Scout journey! We fit together like a well worn puzzle, each picking up on the edge of the last piece played. This still does not stop my frustration at times.

Sometimes there are parents that feel it is acceptable to take money from Girl Scout product sales. Collecting the money becomes a cat and mouse game. Parents enroll their daughters in Girl Scouts to make girls of Courage, Confidence and Character; to make the world a better place.

I guess that I struggle with people in general that portray a honest, christian, wholesome persona then turn around and steal, lie and try to evade the consequences. Please do not take my rant for a criticism of Girl Scouts, because that is not what this is. I am a Girl Scout down to my "Black Socks" (That is a camp some for you non-scouting folks).

This is a criticism of the general lack of integrity, morals and christian values that parents put on display for their children to learn from. I am not sure when or when I found my integrity. I grew up with unavailable parents, typical latch key kid of working parents. For the most part, my parents did more bossing than educating. Somehow, after years of wandering through this world I found mine. When will the rest of the people find theirs? Just asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment