Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Transformations - Part One


2009 CHS 20 Year Reunion (pre-wedding)
So, if you know me..... I have struggled with my weight as long as I can remember.  In high school I recall being 150 lbs when all of my friends were less than 100 lbs soaking wet.  Please know that I am not complaining.  I have been graced with a sturdy frame thanks to my German heritage on my fathers side and an love for food thanks to my mothers Italian heritage.

2012 OES School Field Trip with Jon (5 yrs old)



I currently stand around 5'7 1/2 " which is on the taller side for most women.  I did Atkins, Weight Watches and most any other commercialized diet out there.  Don't get me wrong, I am/was not totally unhappy being obese.   I love food and cooking for friends and family. Outside of  the fact that I had to replace my jeans more often since my rubbing thighs left holes in them (FACT) and trying to keep up with a troop of Girl Scouts at camp was literally leaving me breathless I might have stayed on the fat wagon for a lot longer.



2015 New Years Eve w/ Alisha (Friend &Girl Scout Co-leader)
 I want to be an interactive mother.  Coming home from work exhausted and unable to play with my kids was a hard thing for me to accept so I talked with my doctor and he suggested the program at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital in Charlottesville, Virgina.
ODA Kids Fun Run 2016 with Emily (10 yrs)
I have to say that the hardest part of this journey so far was negotiating the insurance.  I am a Federal Employees (with really good insurance) however I have an HMO with some regional restrictions.  No reason to bore you  with the details but left me just say that the  SMJH team helped with that as well.

Just so you know how many years it took to create this nightmare......

  • 2005 - 190' pregnant with Emily
  • 2006 - 210' pregnant with Jonathan
  • 2009 - 240 ' going through divorced
  • 2010 - 236'  married Danny (Yeah!)
  • 2012- 250' happy...
  • 2015 - 270' a little less happy
  • 2016 - 286' started six month supervised weight loss program an SMJH
  • 2017 - 265' surgery date (August 7, 2017)
  • 2017 - 254' on week post surgery
 So for now I will stop here.  I am one week post surgery on a liquid diet.  I have to say that I feel good and have had little pain so far.  I credit that mostly to the  team at SMJH for educating me so I knew what to expect and to follow the rules.  Keep watching for updated pictures on my transformation.






1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, I enjoyed reading your blog! Happy you are on your way to better health and praying it continues! Love you! Darla

    ReplyDelete